Williston Municipal Court is held on Mondays and Thursdays in the Williams County Courthouse, Room 119. It is right inside the middle entrance door, and next to the cafe.
- You MUST sign in at the Municipal Court Clerk's office prior to court. If you do not sign in, your case will not be called.
- Sign in starts at 8:05am. We go in the order you sign in. First to sign up, first to have your case called.
- We do our best to start court itself at 10:00am. This allots for time to return to work, have breakfast, run an errand, get your license reinstated. However, if you are late for court (returning to the courtroom after 10am) after signing in, you will be rescheduled. The second time this happens it will be up to the city attorney to determine if you can appear or if she would like to pursue a contempt charge for failing to appear due to tardiness.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devises need to have the sound turned off or they may be confiscated.
- If you bring a purse, bag, backpack, or briefcase it may be subject to inspection by the bailiff.
- If you normally carry a knife on you, leave it at home or in your vehicle.
- You cannot wear hats, caps, or other headwear in the courtroom.
- Dress as though you were going to a job interview. Any inappropriate dress will be asked to leave and return at a later date.
- Remember to be respectful and quiet during the court proceedings, if you do not, you may be asked to leave or end up with subsequent charges.
- The court will provide language and sign interpretive services if needed. Please contact the Williston Municipal Court Clerk's Office prior to the scheduled date so this may be arranged.
If you have any other questions or concerns in regards to court, please contact the Williston Municipal Court Clerk's Office in advance of your scheduled court date.