As of Monday, March 1, 2021 the City of Williston Water Resource Recovery Facility (WRRF) now accepts liquid domestic waste from private industry.
This includes domestic and portable toilet waste but not industrial or commercial waste.
To obtain a Liquid Waste Hauler permit, interested individuals can visit City Hall at 22 East Broadway or access it online. The Liquid Waste Hauler permit has an annual fee of $75.00.
Once permitted, liquid haulers must visit the WRRF to set up an account and obtain a registered card for all drivers that require facility access. Company owners and managers are encouraged to visit the WRRF to set up an account versus individual drivers.
Liquid haulers will also be required to complete a manifest with each load to confirm that the waste can be accepted, waste origins, and the hauler. Manifest booklets are available for purchase through the WRRF.
The liquid waste disposal station is located on the western side of the WRRF facility and is under video surveillance.
The station is only available during normal WRRF operating hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. except on holidays. The WRRF closes at 3:00 p.m. on Fridays during the summer.
Please see below and in the Liquid Waste Hauler permit for full details regarding discharge, monitoring, and records.
- All liquid haulers must have a pump to discharge liquid waste at the WRRF.
- All liquid waste haulers must be licensed as required by the North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality, and follow all applicable State, and Federal regulations.
- There shall be a disposal charge of $60.00 for each 1,000 gallons of permitted waste.
- The hauler may only discharge liquid waste at the WRRF during operating hours. Hours of operations will change seasonally, but the WRRF will notify haulers of any changes in operating hours.
- Any discharge of liquid waste will occur only after the hauler has checked in with WRRF Staff, and after a manifest has been completed.
- Only liquid domestic waste will be accepted. No commercial or industrial liquid waste will be accepted. The City reserves the right to subject the liquid waste to sampling at the cost of the hauler and to suspend discharging until analysis of the sample is complete. The City of Williston WRRF reserves the right to refuse permission to dump any load for any reason.
- If a load is refused, the hauler will be required to supply a manifest that verifies that the waste was disposed of properly. In addition to this, the State may be notified. Failure to provide the manifest could result in a termination of this permit.
- Note: It is recommended that the hauler has a backup plan for disposal to avoid any disruptions. The City of Williston is not responsible for disruptions of service when a load of liquid waste is refused.
- The City reserves the right to refuse all haulers in the event of an operational upset.
- Note: Operational upsets will occur. It is recommended that the hauler has a backup plan for disposal to avoid any disruptions. The City of Williston is not responsible for disruptions of service when haulers are refused.
Monitoring and Records
- All wastes must be accompanied by a completed waste manifest form. The form shall contain information regarding the wastes from the signature of each waste generator. The hauler shall also sign the form, indicating that no wastes have been accepted other than those listed.
- The permittee shall retain records of all monitoring information, waste manifest forms, copies of all reports required by this permit, and records of all data pertaining to hauled loads for a period of at least three years.