The XWA PASS Program is intended for personal use and enjoyment of Williston Basin International Airport by participants, allowing non-travelers to greet friends and family arriving on domestic flights; to accompany traveling family members and friends to their gates; to shop and dine at the restaurant and store post-security; to watch arriving and departing aircraft; and/or to participate in XWA-sponsored events.
Interested? Complete the XWA PASS Program Application.
To be considered for XWA PASS entry, all applicants and any minors (individuals under 18 years of age) will be required to provide certain personal information that will be used by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for vetting. If there is a discrepancy or possible match in the database, the visit will be denied. All applicants should carefully read the TSA Privacy Notice in Section III of the XWA PASS Program Application and consider the implications of providing their personal information.
Minors under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by an approved adult XWA PASS Program participant. Please complete the accompanied minor information in Section I of the application if intending to visit with a minor. If requesting more than one (1) accompanied minor, please fill out another application. One (1) adult participant can only accompany two (2) minors as part of the XWA PASS Program.
Hours of Operation:
XWA PASS participants can only use their PASS while the TSA Security Screening Checkpoint is open. The normally scheduled hours of the checkpoint are as follows (subject to change with flight delays, cancellations, and holidays):
- April 2021
- 6:15am - 7:45am
- 2:05pm - 3:35pm (excluding Saturdays)
- Complete an XWA PASS Program Application.
- Email the completed application (including required signatures) to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Airport Administration office during normal business hours (M-F 8am-5pm). If dropping off in person, be prepared to show a current photo ID issued by a government authority. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the program at least 72 hours in advance of their planned visit. Applicants that submit their application the same day as the requested visit may experience delays or may not be granted access.
- The Airport will enter all provided information to the TSA for vetting.
- Once the vetting result comes back, the Airport will notify applicants by phone or email stating their program eligibility.
- If approved, applicants are encouraged to schedule a time to pick up the XWA PASS with the Airport. Individuals can reply to the program eligibility email received from the Airport or can call 701.875.8594, ext. 9. If calling outside of normal business hours, please call 701.580.5699.
- When picking up your XWA PASS, please bring a current photo ID issued by a government authority. The Airport will run your name through TSA vetting again and the XWA PASS will expire 24 hours after that result comes back. Once issued an XWA PASS, you must be through the TSA Security Screening Checkpoint before the XWA PASS expiration date/time.
Rules and Regulations:
- XWA PASS cards are only valid when the TSA Security Screening Checkpoint is open. The Checkpoint opens 90 minutes before all scheduled departures at XWA and closes at the aircraft departure time. Visitors will not be able to enter the Sterile Area when the Checkpoint is closed.
- Commercial or business/professional use or activities post-security using an XWA PASS is prohibited and will result in removal of the participant and/or revocation of the privilege to participate in the program.
- XWA PASS Cards may not be loaned to other persons for any reason.
- XWA PASS Cards are only valid for access through the TSA Security Screening Checkpoint one (1) time and expire 24 hours after the vetting result has cleared.
- Once an XWA PASS Program participant leaves the post-security area, re-entry will not be authorized. Participants must wait at least 24 hours after leaving this area to re-apply for another PASS.
- Participants will not be permitted to stay in the airport overnight and can be asked to leave at any time by an Airport employee, Law Enforcement Officer, or TSA representative.
- Participants are subject to the same security regulations as passengers boarding aircraft per TSA regulations. Please review the list of prohibited items prior to your arrival at the airport.
- Participants must show their XWA PASS Card in the Sterile Area when requested by a law enforcement officer or any XWA-badged individual to include airport, airline, restaurant, and TSA employees. Individuals that fail to show their XWA PASS Card when requested, will be escorted out of the Sterile Area immediately.
- Participants shall be subject to these terms of the XWA PASS Program, all Williston Basin International Airport Rules and Regulations, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Any person or persons who shall refuse to comply with these applicable terms, rules, regulations, and laws may be regarded as a trespasser.
- The Williston Basin International Airport reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke the XWA PASS Card of any individual who may pose a security risk, a nuisance or distraction to any airport personnel, passengers or other visitors and/or who violates any of the applicable terms, rules, regulations and laws as described above, or as the City of Williston deems necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the airport.
- Although not required, participants are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when in the airport terminal, especially when social distancing is not possible.